Most of my busyness has been simply house, school, children, substituting, and school. On the topic of house, I should say that I simply hate housework because with children it seems that as soon as we get it done it needs doing again. Children’s bedrooms seem to be the bane of my existence, but at the same time I seem to remember some major clean up projects in my bedroom growing up so I guess what goes around comes around (sorry mom I was a horrible kid when it came to keeping a clean bedroom!).
Next are the kids. Everyone is healthy for the most part although, Lyra is suffering from seasonal allergies, which mean a yucky runny nose, and constantly having to remind her to blow her nose. Dawniella has decided that rolling over is quite fun and is now consistently rolling from her back to her font. The other direction is almost there, she can get her face and legs turned, but her torso just won’t corporate. Andrew is our amazing lad in the last few months. One very snowy day in January when everyone else was taking naps, he got very bored and started reading a book (something his mom had been trying to get him to do for quite a while). Well at school the next day, his teacher was talking about AR (Accelerated Reading) point and used as an example the book he had just read. He decided to take the test getting 100% and in short order read and took tests on 4 other books. So his reading teacher (Lora Jo Phillips) and I came up with the idea of rewarding him, okay so I should have know that the plan would back fire. I told him that at 10 points we would take him out to a nice dinner. But Lora Jo pointed at the books at his level are only worth .5 so we needed a ½-way goal, so I said at 5 points we would get him a treat. This week he decides to inform me that he has 9.1 AR points and was wondering when he was going to get his treat. Brandt brought him home a entire box of his favorite cookies, which he took in stride and ten handed us another print out to show he now has 9.6 points. It looks like we’ll be going out to dinner soon and it definitely won’t be a McDonalds night.
On the topics of substituting and school all I’ll say is that I enjoy subbing and while I enjoy my thesis topic I really hate having to discipline myself to get the writing done. I am continually asking myself why I decided to go back to school, and then I remember that I wanted to help people. I guess it really isn’t that bad just time consuming.
I had to include these two cute pictures, Andrew with his Little Guy wrestling buddies and Lyra and Dawniella in their Easter dresses. Okay, so I think I got the cutest kids in the world, I'll admit it!
No comments:
Post a Comment