November 14, 2008

In my life as a mom, I’ve always found it interesting that our dreams change as we get older. Lyra told me the other day that she wants to be a mom when she grows up and work in Cub Scouts. Now I do appreciate that she is watching me and wants to do the things that I do, I have to wonder what exactly she will be when she grows up. Once upon a time Steven told me he wanted to grow up to be Batman, a firefighter, a cowboy, and a missionary. Lisarae wanted to be a teacher and Kjerstin an attorney. Each of them is changing and growing in what they want to be as a grown-up and as their dreams change. For myself I dreamed of growing up to be a teacher, but as I finished my Bachelors degree I wanted to do more so I decided to continue on to graduate school. Many people have had a hard time understanding why I am continuing with my education when I have… so many children…so little time…insert whatever reason you think for why I shouldn’t continue with my doctorate. Understand I have gained a love for what I am doing and firmly believe that I can do some good in community with my degree. I love psychology and trying to figure out why people do what they do and how I can help them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Julirae, Thanks for including me on your mailing list for the blog. It was great to see some of the latest pictures of the kids and find out more about your quirks......now I know where to send all the wonderful Swiss milk chocolate that my Swiss friends bring me when they cross the 'pond' - my favorite is dark, so we are very compatible on the chocoholic scale:-)