In my life as a mom, I have often found that I am doing things for other people, so when mom tagged me to write about my quirks it just seemed normal. I do have to say that she is right that it is difficult to decide what your quirks are, but here goes.
1. I am the world’s worse chocoholic! I love almost anything that has milk chocolate in it, but am not that fond of dark chocolate. My husband has learned that it is in his best interest to keep my chocolate jar full. This has been especially true while I have been working on my thesis, which may account for the weight I’ve gained in the last few months.
2. I am always extremely busy, but I just don’t like to tell people no. I always feel bad when people call needing me to do something or help with something and I have to say no. So in order to avoid the guilt complex I just don’t say no to people.
3. I take a lot of pictures, but rarely download them from my camera or phone. I also never seem to get them into the kid’s scrapbooks. For all of those waiting on pictures, I actually got around to downloading my phone and camera this morning and will be sending them out soon.
4. I take after my parents in that I am a reader. I always have a book going and when I don’t I feel a little lost. I recently promised that I wasn’t going to read another book until I got my thesis into the reviews. Oh well, so many books, so little time I guess.
5. I tend to always have a project or two that I am working on. I usually finished them but every once in a while it takes me a while and I do have quite a few UFO (UnFinished Objects) in my closet.
6. I really couldn’t think of a sixth quirk, so Brandt was willing to point out a couple. He thinks my biggest one is that I never believe I can accomplish things or that what I do is good enough. I will admit that he’s partially right, okay so he is right. When I started Grad school I spent my entire first quarter stating that they would be kicking me out but now I’m almost through with my masters and am applying to continue on with my doctorate. Maybe I should believe in myself a bit, well I’ll have to think about it.
There you go, 6 quirks. Okay so I tag Joe, Jeff, and Steven, maybe it will get them to update their blogs (hint, hint).
1 comment:
Hi Julirae! What books have you read lately. I am in need of a good read right now, I'm in between books. I just finished Uglies, but can't decide if I want to continue the series. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment