January 8, 2009
Christmas Eve Musings
In my life as a mom, I have found that there is nothing like seeing Christmas through the eyes of a child. Lyra has been filled with the wonder of Christmas for the last several weeks and we have heard stories about reindeer, Santa, Santa’s elves, and the “Happy Birthday” of Jesus. Dawniella on the other hand has only a couple of goals this Christmas, con as many people out of good things to eat as possible and take down any and all of mom’s decorations. This Christmas eve morning it is 5:30 am, my house is quiet (not usually possible since we have 10 of the children here), and I can feel the stillness of the true meaning of Christmas. I am so thankful that our loving Heavenly Father allowed his son to come to this earth to be our Savior, I am so thankful that another young mother obeyed a call from her Heavenly Father, and I am so thankful that I have a Savior that was willing to come to this earth to save not only me but all of mankind. On the radio the other day, I heard some commentary about how some people do not like being told “Merry Christmas” because not everyone believes in Christ. My answer to them is very simple I am proud to tell you Merry Christmas because I am proud to believe in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment